Mr. Hill's Financial Literacy Class Page
1. Read Spending and Saving and then complete the crossword puzzle.
2. Read Wants versus Needs then compare your new knowledge to what you wrote down for your bell ringer.
3. Read the "Earning" section (5 pages plus links) of The Mint's Tips for Teens website. Be sure to take the Be Your Own Boss Challenge (submit your results)
4. Read Set Money Goals up to the page that ends with "Now, let's make a saving plan."
5. Follow the link Budgeting, watch/read the animation and then take the classic quiz (submit your results)
6. Play the Budget Odyssey Game
7. Read How to Read a Pay Stub then complete the handout using pages 6 and 7 of the worksheet.
8. Watch BrainPop Taxes, complete the quiz and submit your results on your Pay Stub handout.
9. Take the reality check.
10. Football Financial Game or Soccer Financial Game or Coffee Shop
11. Login to the St. Louis Federal Reserve website using the username and password you have been given. Then complete Budgeting 101. Your post test score will count as a grade.
12. Using the tax form you have been given, complete the 1040EZ - Personal Finance 101 Chat. When you are done you will be able to fill out the 1040 EZ tax form.
13. Play Mad Money until you can purchase a pair of shoes.
14. Go to Brainpop, read/watch the banking animation and report your score on the classic quiz.
15. Go to the St. Louis Federal Reserve, login to your account and complete lesson 1 and 2 of "Cards, Cars and Currency". (should take you 1 full class period)
16. Go to the St. Louis Federal Reserve, login to your account and complete lesson 3, 4 and 5 of "Cards, Cars and Currency". (should take you 1 full class period)
17. Go to the St. Louis Federal Reserve, login to your account and complete the lesson titled "Credit Cred". (should take you 2 full class periods and THIS IS GRADED!)
18. Go to the St. Louis Federal Reserve, login to your account and complete the lesson titled "Time Value of Money". THIS IS GRADED!
Hands on Banking for Teens
What Kind of Spender Are You?
The Spending Challenge
Sioux City Journal - Jobs
Job Application Tips for Teens
Practice Online Application
How to Read a Pay Stub
Feed the Pig
Celebrity Calamity - Choose Just Play, do not create an account
Bank It or Bust
Gen i Revolution - Choose Play Now, do not join as a member
Football Financial Game
Soccer Financial Game
Vampire Bite Club Financial Game
Practical Money Games
Plan Your Dream Prom
I Have A Plan
Occupational Outlook Handbook